Can My Dentures Be Permanently Placed in My Mouth?
When you think of dentures, all you get reminded is of the false teeth. The conventional dentures are made of gum-colored base, which is attached to artificial pearly whites made of porcelain or acrylic resin. You need to remove them in the evening and also take extra care to clean them. If they fit well, they can be an effective way of restoring your smile says the dentist near 39540. However, you might wonder if there’s a better option and what if your dentures could stay in your mouth forever.
Traditional Vs. Implant-Retained Dentures
As the name suggests, the Implant supported dentures
get support from implants, which are surgically placed in the jaw. Here’s a look at their benefits:
- Your new teeth can get permanently attached to the implants. Once you heal from the surgery and your teeth are in place, they will act just like your natural teeth.
- The implant- supported dentures will never slip unlike the traditional dentures do when you talk or eat. It also offers a bite force, which is strong enough to stand up to most of your favorite foods.
- The implants can help in preserving your jawbone and maintain the shape of your face.
- You won’t ever have to worry about the changes to your jawbone affecting the way your dentures fit.
- Implants offer a natural smile and appearance and people won’t ever get to know that you have dental implants.
Are Implant-Retained Dentures Right for You?,
If you have had traditional dentures in the past and your experience with them was not good enough, the implant-supported dentures can be a good option for you. Even if it was a while back when you lost your teeth and even if your jawbone is deteriorated, you can still be a candidate for implant- supported dentures.
The implants stimulate your jawbone and offers a sturdy and strong tooth replacement option. Also, you may need only 4 implants for replacing your entire row of missing teeth. Isn’t that amazing? This may be an expensive treatment, but the results are incredible.