Taking Care of Your Clear Braces
So you’ve finally decided on invisible braces for improving the appearance and function of your smile? Although there are many benefits to clear braces in D’Iberville, it is important to make sure you properly take care of your clear aligners.
Taking Care of Invisible Braces: Do
When it comes to caring for your new clear braces, here are some things that Back Bay Family Dentistry recommends:
- Each time you remove your clear aligners you should rinse them with cool water (never use hot). When worn, saliva and plaque may dry on your aligners, creating the perfect environment for bacteria which can stain your aligner and make it smell.
- Frequently soak your aligners using official Invisalign cleaning crystals. Soaking your invisible aligners keeps them sanitized, reduces the risk of them smelling and will keep them clear and not discolored.
- Make sure you brush and floss your teeth before inserting/re-inserting your clear aligners. Neglecting to clean your teeth properly could result in an increased risk of dental decay along with potentially staining your aligners and making them smell bad.
- When brushing your aligners, be sure always to brush gently as you can scatch and damage your aligners.
- Place your aligners in their case anytime you are not wearing them. Placing your aligners down could result in lost aligners due to the fact they are virtually invisible and extremely hard to locate.
Taking Care of Invisible Braces: Don’t
When it comes to caring for your invisible braces, there are various things that Back Bay Family Dentistry DOES NOT recommend:
- Eating or drinking anything other than water while you are wearing your clear aligners. Drinking or eating anything but water while wearing aligners could result in damage and/or staining of the aligner, potentially reducing the effectiveness of the orthodontic treatment.
- Using any kind of toothpaste to clean your clear aligners. Most toothpastes are designed to be abrasive and could potentially create damage on the aligners, making a better environment for bacteria to hide.
- Using any kind of colored soap to clean/disinfect your clear aligners. Clear anti-bacterial soap may be used and is a great way to clean your invisible braces. However, soaps that contain colors may leave your aligners stained, discolored and hued.
Get Your Clear Braces in D’Iberville Today
Haven’t started your orthodontic treatment in D’Iberville? Schedule an appointment with Back Bay Family Dentistry today! We’re always accepting new patients and would be happy to evaluate your smile to determine whether you are a candidate for invisible braces.